Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dueling Chef Challenge and Local Food Week

It's Local Food Week from September 17th through September 25th and I'm helping to kick off events by participating in a farmers' market shopping and cooking challenge this coming Saturday (9/17/11) beginning at 9:30am at the Colorado Farm and Art Market which takes place at The Margarita at Pine Creek.  I'll be taking on Chef Heather from Change Personal Chef Service...  Hethyr vs. Heather!  Jon and I get a kick out of this for several reasons.  The similarities/differences don't end with our profession and names.  We're both pretty tiny and around the same age.  I have dark curly hair and she has blond curly hair.  I have a black chef coat, she has a white chef coat.  Sort of reminds me of the concept of yin yang.  Or the movie Black Swan...  MWAHAHAHA!  ;)


Chef Hethyr Pletsch of
Everyday Gourmet Colorado
Chef Heather Mitchell of
Change Personal Chef Service




VS.








I'm sure we'd both appreciate all of the support we can get, but since you're a reader of my blog, please come out and cheer on the Dark Side!!!


What:  Dueling Chef Challenge with Chef Hethyr of Everyday Gourmet Colorado and Chef Heather of Change Personal Chef Service
When:  Saturday, September 17th at 9:30am
Where:  Colorado Farm and Art Market at The Margarita at Pine Creek, 7350 Pine Creek Rd., Colorado Springs (map)


And don't forget to check out the other Local Food Week events taking place in Colorado Springs!

8 comments:

  1. Wish we could be there! We'd definitely be cheering for the "Dark Side". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This thing has definitely blown up way more than I expected! I am glad to have some good competition! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's already been broughten! ;) See you today at the market, girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got this Hethyr! Get em! ~Dolvin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could be there, but will be in Breckenridge for Oktoberfest. It's another "food" experience of sorts. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! Getting my gear packed up and ready to go today. Should be a really fun time tomorrow! LadyKaren, have a blast at Oktoberfest! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to hear all about it! Good vs. Evil... ??? Ha ha!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete